It's all about me!


Home
Diary
  • bossy

  • script
    In-Between







  • World Clock

    Friday 1 March 2013

    News, Talks, Claims and Whispers around 'WAR begins in Sabah Sulu Sultanate with Malaysia - March 1'

    Take it! Like it or not, believe it or not, this has started. I am not of any mentions to comment.

    Surely, the Sabahans who are in the state of being careful at all times. SMSes from relatives and friends are pouring in to us in the capital. Like this one, '[ ... ] mti la! Sa trprgkp d opis, drurt uda sren plis sru plg tup prms n bnk]' ( ... we're dead. I couldn't get out of the office. The police are alerting with siren. Ordered to close the premises and banks) says one text from a friend's older sister who is siding in Lahad Datu at the moment. Expressing her fear for the situation.

    Another sharing from a friend who owned a restaurant next to a car wash run by the people roots originating from the Philippines had dare to add in our uneasiness by saying, 'Orang yang pandai cakap Pilipin saja yang kami tidak bunuh' (Only those who speaks the Philippines language won't be killed). Well, I have heard such a story a couple of decades ago. And when I heard of it again it is at this situation. And they said that only last night!

    A friend of mine whose husband is a reporter at the stand-off talked about her husband been there since the very first day of the group occupying a village there. And managed to get a bit of the current situation when I eavesdropped to their conversation through the phone call. Although  Kadazandusun language is not my mother tongue but I could understand a lot of the language. It says, 'Now, there has been 15 Filipinos and 4 Malaysians are dead'.

    I also made a phone call to my younger sister whose husband is serving with the Malaysian Armed Force. She talked about the Sulu Sultanate claimants followers who actually first captured a PGA member. And that was the reason for the armed forces to stay alert at all times. They are briefed to be ready should the situation got worst and the battalions of army are heading towards the scene at no time.

    I don't feel it is the time for me to just ignore things. I forwarded a text from a friend who is actually being nearby the group clash to my husband. Trying to make him understand that our daughter's school is only next to the Philippines descendants settlements which was moved from the Pulau Gaya settlements about a decade ago. And if things don't look good for me, I, myself would drive there to fetch my daughter.

    If it is no time to wait, I made a phone call to my younger brother who is currently serving with the Malaysian Armed Forces. I couldn't get through. I tried to contact my sister-in-law, and her number couldn't be reached at the moment. I felt restless. I tried my niece's number, and there at the other end I heard her voice telling me she is at school. I tried as much as I can to be calm by asking whether or not her mother is at home. She said 'yes'. I asked about her Daddy, she said that her father is away to Kuala Lumpur and only be back late today. Oh! Thank God.

    And this is the reason of my restlessness. WAR begins in Sabah Sulu Sultanate with Malaysia - March 1 | Rebuilding for the Better Philippines . Try to look at the pageview counter! It changes every second. And still counting on !....

    No comments: