It's all about me!


Home
Diary
  • bossy

  • script
    In-Between







  • World Clock

    Sunday 11 August 2013

    We are family!

    This is no joke... I could have started my day with a good thing. But then I realized our custom and tradition that only men are dominant. Alright. No fight. Just let it be. Only there is hope when things go wrong I do not want them to stand up high in the community with their feet on my head.

    Women are always looked down no matter how good they present themselves in kind of education, social recognition and leadership and many more. Still I hope all the women in the community to voice out their right. I am not talking nonsense. I am living it.

    When there is a situation, often is my duty to clear the mess. Among my siblings it is I who come up with a rescue plan. Even though I would feel relieved but the pain never left as they forget my contribution and effort easily.

    There is this popular phrase in my community, "women could never lift heavy burdens", although it is not true at all. If you have put all your life to help your family to keep aside situations but still you are nobody, how does it look like to you?

    The worst is when your mother, a woman, keep singing the song just to make sure your male siblings to live better without knowing the true cost you paid. They don't bother asking you if it is your lifetime saving been used up to make them happy. Or your children savings for the "berian" when your brother got married. All they know is your husband is taking care of you because of this phrase "you have been bought" or should I say "you are SOLD off"?.

    I am sorry mother but everytime you asked for thousands of ringgit assuming that my husband is also contributing (since we both working in the government sector), it was just I who will do just about anything to meet your demand. And you know what, mother? My husband would say 'your brother is the one to get married, why should I pay for his wedding?' Painful indeed.

    And when I gave birth to my children, where were all of you to rejoice for the new family member? I called you on the phone using only the public pay phone placed outside the hospital post natal ward and what answer did I get from you? You said you don't have money to come and visit me. It's a lie... I tried very hard to hold back my tears. All the years I have never fail to set aside some money from my salary for you every month. Only sometimes I needed more because of some unexpected situations and I did tell you about them.

    And God is always too good to me to let me know of things I never expected. I came to know that everytime I gave you some money the other son of yours would definitely get it from you. And you are too happy to please him. Of course you do because you have nothing to lose. You still have father to take care of you. He is a government pensioner. He gets his monthly pension which amount is higher than my net payment. All you have to settle is your electricity bill monthly. Nothing more. And it cost you less than RM20.00.

    Oh! Come on, women. Come on, mother. Wake up. It is not the men who are stepping on women's head. It is us, ourselves among women.

    No comments: